Beacon Light Blue Angels Pathfinder Club
For those who know, “Pathfindering” conjures up images of marching, camping, curious hobbies, bugs and bats. Enlarging their windows on the world and building a relationship with God are the dual objectives of this club designed for children ages 10-16. Currently with nearly 2 million members around the world, this Seventh-day Adventist Church-sponsored club accepts any youth who promise to abide by the Pathfinder Pledge and Law regardless of their church affiliations.
Pathfinders are a worldwide organization of young people (ages 10 – 16) sponsored by the
· Camping & camping/survival skills
· Grade appropriate leadership training
· Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
· Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
· Personal care and encouragement by caring staff members!
Pathfinder Pledge and Law:
The Pathfinder Pledge & Law is an important part of Pathfinders. Thousands of Pathfinders each year learn and choose to abide by the requirements of the Pathfinder Pledge and Law for the sole purpose of growing closer to their fellow men and women, and to their Creator
By the grace of God, I will be pure, and kind, and true. I will keep the Pathfinder Law. I will be a servant of God and a friend to man.
The Law is for me to:
Keep the morning watch
Do my honest part
Care for my body,
Keep a level eye
Be courteous and obedient
Walk softly in the sanctuary,
Keep a song in my heart,
Go on God's errand.